Give up your attachment to get the result of what you want.
One of the laws of the Universe is to use detachment to bring what you want into your life. This means that you give up your attachment to the result of what you want. When you use attachment to anything then you are holding it close to you. The problem with this is that it cannot leave you. It is similar to that child in you, you know the one that holds tightly onto the toy that the other child wanted so much. We have learned if we want to keep something in our possession we have to hold onto it. However, this does not work with Universal laws.
When we hold onto the idea of anything we desire we do not allow the full possibilities of that desire to manifest. Beneath attachment to anything is fear, always! Clinging to something shows fear. We are always fearful of letting it go. We believe that our attachment to it will bring security. We have not learned how detachment works. Attachment interferes with the entire process of infinite creation.
Most people use attachment with the idea of money.
They feel that holding on to money tightly will help it to accumulate. Our attachment is to the idea that we will find security this way. Yet, it never actually gives us the security we believe it will, because it goes against Universal Laws. It doesn’t mean that you should let all of your money just float away. Detachment means that when you pay any bills you can do so without feeling threatened, or fear. You let your money go without telling yourself that you are losing money, or with resentment. Instead change your thoughts to the way you profit from whatever it is you are paying for.
Here are some ways to help you to use detachment:
- Your bills may be for your food, gas, hydro (electricity) your cell phone, your internet, mortgage, rent. This list could go on and on. Pay these bills with gratitude and let the money go freely.
- Be happy that you have these utilities and amenities in your life which make your life much more pleasant.
- When you pay a bill think of the value you have for your money, what life would be without them.
- If you didn’t have a job or a way to bring money to your life you would focus on how to have these things so don’t take them for granted.
We always look for security and yet what is security?
According to Universal Laws we have it all backwards. You see actually security doesn’t come from attachment. Attachment doesn’t offer the protection we are looking for. Detachment is the only way we can find freedom. The universal forces cannot work in your life to bring you more money, more health or more joy if you are living in fear of not having any of these desires. When you are fearful of parting with your money, you will attract more ways to part with your money. Perhaps your washing machine will break down, or your stove may stop working. There are many ways life can attract those unwanted things if we live with attachment.
Detachment is not fear based. It means getting out of the way so that Universal Powers can take over without interference. Fear based ideas always block Universal Power because the fear of losing something is working against Universal Laws and you. These powers do not work in the negative field only the positive field.
- Belief in Universal Powers is detachment. It means you have got out of the way.
- You have set your desire free when you are able to remove yourself from the attachment which holds you there.
- Letting go to attachment is allowing that desire to manifest, always in every case.
Here is some thoughts from Deepak Chopra’s http://www.chopra.com/articles/the-law-of-detachmentbook ‘The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success’
I will put the Law of Detachment into effect by making a commitment to take the following steps:
- Today I will commit myself to detachment. I will allow myself and those around me the freedom to be as they are. I will not rigidly impose my idea of how things should be. I will not force solutions on problems, thereby creating new problems. I will participate in everything with detached involvement.
- Today I will factor in uncertainty as an essential ingredient of my experience. In my willingness to accept uncertainty, solutions will spontaneously emerge out of the problem, out of the confusion, disorder, and chaos. The more uncertain things seem to be, the more secure I will feel, because uncertainty is my path to freedom. Through the wisdom of uncertainty, I will find my security.
- I will step into the field of all possibilities and anticipate the excitement that can occur when I remain open to an infinity of choices. When I step into the field of all possibilities, I will experience all the fun, adventure, magic, and mystery of life.
Pamela Hamilton Is an expert in the Law of Attraction and the co-author of Your Invincible Power series of books and the Vice President of the Your Invincible Power Company.
We have created a series of books to assist in the understanding and use the Law of Attraction in everyday situation.