Brain Foods and Brain Power.
When we are talking about health and our body we often don’t consider our brain power. This powerful organ needs plenty of brain food too, so these are a few that’s really worth considering:
- Avocado: A so-called “super food” avocados aren’t just full of nutrients, they’re also super tasty. It’s hard to improve on ancient guacamole recipes.
- Beets: This wonderful food is packed with nitrates, which increases the flow of blood to the brain. It is also rich in phytonutrients called betalains. It’s not only an antioxidant but also an anti-inflammatory and detoxification support. So beside brain food it’s great for the rest of the body also, you can‘t go wrong with beets.
Brain and the Genius: Be the Genius you were born to be.
Walnuts: When you’re relaxing, reading, watching the box or on the internet you can chomp on this antioxidant while getting your fatty acids, and to top it all your brain is having a bath in health.
- Berries: These wonderful tasting antioxidants actually protect your brain cells besides being saturated in vitamin C and on top of it they come in all kinds of shapes, colors and wonderful tastes and can be added to all kinds of recipes.
- Salmon: This is a marvelous brain food, and rich in omega 3 fatty acids. Salmon salads, sandwiches, casseroles and many other tasty salmon meals can not only give you a nourishing meal but will rebuild your brain cells at the same time. How brilliant is that!
- Spinach: This antioxidant rich food is also rich in vitamins and minerals and delicious in salads, and makes great spinach dips. Imagine while your dipping those chips you are actually feeding your brain also!