Failure is a part of life. Everyone experiences a degree of it from time to time, but there is failure and then there is dream crushing failure! This is the one that we need to avoid at all costs.
So here are 5 ways to do just that!
Avoid Dead-lines – Dead-lines are an asset when used properly but can be death to any dream if you don’t know where to place them.
- Dead-lines mean do or die. Setting a dead-line before you have a good foundation is the best way to achieve dream crushing failure!
- The marketing and growth plan for the book “Your Invincible Power” was filled with dead-lines and urgency without the foundation.
- We switched the plan to benchmarks and let the benchmarks trigger the dead-line and have achieved amazing results since.
- The key was to learn to stop running, walking is fast enough.
Give your plan time to develop – Too often we are looking for instant results but growth moves at a different pace.
- Parts of your plan will move faster than other parts. Slow down and enjoy the journey. Don’t let urgency drive your plan.
- Learn how to make time work for you.
- Know what you expect your marketing money to do for you. Don’t spend money on thing you don’t need to do right now. It’s all about timing.
- Work with people that can do it better than you. We worked with Balboa Press to get our book published, Stand Out Books to help us with setting up the social media sites and Elite Book Promotions to help market the book.
- Celebrate the little wins along the way. This will keep you excited as you grow into the bigger achievements.
The #1 rule – The #1 rule is…everyone fails at some point.
- Like they say, the road to success is paved with failure.
- Jim Rohn says, “Stop expecting it to be easy. Expect it to be worth it.’
- Start seeing failure as growth.
- Each time you learn from them you have gained valuable knowledge to expedite your success going forward.
In the book I write about changing the way I thought to be able to bring more success and money into my life. What you focus on is what you will see in your life.
Stop accepting failure – Change the name to setbacks because that is what you are experiencing.
- Even if you run out of funding and you hit a wall, stay focused on the end result.
- You will find a way to get back on track. Setbacks have never stopped anyone from achieving their goal.
- How you view things really makes a big difference in how successful you will feel and be. Read our article “self talk” for more on this.
Be resilient – People who avoid dream crushing failure do it because they know what they want and they go and get it no matter what.
- You see people in the media succeed even though all the cards were stacked against them. Some survive scandals, prison sentences, bankruptcy, drug addictions and end up living their dreams.
- Why? Because they have the attitude that they deserve to live their dream. They don’t let anything stop them. They find a way. They stay resilient. They stay focused.
The bottom line is this, if you want to avoid dream crushing failure you have to believe that you have what it takes to succeed and put the pieces in place to build that success. Believe in yourself even if no one else believes in you. The opportunities will find you.
Author Bio: W.T. Hamilton is the co-author of Your Invincible Power series of books and the President of the Your Invincible Power Company. We have created a series of books to assist in the understanding and use the Law of Attraction in everyday situation.